AppleWatch SLow to read heart rate vs Compitition

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by whatRubicon, May 21, 2015.

1. whatRubicon macrumors member

Anyone else notice that when you want to check your heart rate the apple watch takes up to a 30- 60 seconds to calculate it. I have a fitbit hr as well and its immediate to calculate the heart rate the apple watch is too slow to calculate heart rate i mean you could be done a whole set or a work out by the time it tells you. And its not that accurate because it gives you the rate for 60 seconds ago not the current one. Im curious if anyone else has tested this.

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I haven't used Fitbit or others, but for me, at least the heart rate glance, it reads my measurement in 15 second increments, not 30 or 60 (15 seconds is the minimum time required to get a fairly accurate result 15 * 4 = x bpm)

During a workout, it will again take 15 seconds to get the initial measurement, but then it's measuring constantly. It does show the current heart rate for me (albeit I tested this against my gym's heart rate monitor, which may or may not be accurate)

3. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

Sometimes when i open up the health app on iphone it wont show the max heart rate at all. Even after a 10 mile jog.

4. whatRubicon thread starter macrumors member

well its not my apple watch its my girlfriends so its the 38mm one I'm going to post a video here in a second showing it honestly takes a long time.. Im going to stick to my fitbit hr until this gets sorted out I called apple today and sent them feedback on there website. Its so slow to get a reading longer than 15 seconds for sure

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

The health features on this gen 1 watch are just a novelty. Nothing useful for real health measurements.

We will likely see more robust and useful features gen 2 and beyond.