Appleworks crashing... help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rickman, Oct 15, 2008.

1. rickman macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I have Tiger running on a G4. I have been using Appleworks since it came out. For the first time ever it crashed. Now it launches, but promptly crashes when you hit ANY key. Any ideas to fix this? I can send you the Apple Report. I don't know how to read these things.

Thanks,
    Rick

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Hooray! Another AWks user. A great program. It crashed on me the other day - for the first time in a long time.

Have you loaded the latest Apple update to Tiger (15 Oct)? It may fix the issue. The last time AWks crashed here was because of clipboard/memory overload, and that followed the previous Tiger update (don't get me started on that!!!).

Anyway, rebooting usually fixes AWks issues, but you shouldn't have to do that. Send generic crash reports to Apple, even if you think they don't act on them.

Give your MacOS a good going-over with Onyx, repair permissions and the like. I've found that to be a good curative.

Post back if things don't improve .... Hugh

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you have a Unicode keyboard layout set. AppleWorks can't handle Unicode. See this user tip on Apple's site.