AppleWorks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by winterdude010, Jun 11, 2007.

1. winterdude010 macrumors regular

winterdude010

Is AppleWorks essentially dead? There hasn't been any updates at all in about forever. Do you think it will eventually be dropped from the product line? I personally use it on occasion, but it could definitely use some serious updates...

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yeah, it's only still around because iWork is still missing so much functionality. I'd expect it to be quietly discontinued around whenever iWork grows a spreadsheet.

3. azizane macrumors member

well iwork is supposed to be the successor of appleworks but it's not quiet there yet

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i like appleworks i still use it constantly. its a lot easier than using word or neooffice or anything. and its a small file size aswell, a bit slow but im willing to put up with that

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

wow....I have not even thought about AppleWork in a LONG time. Not sure why Apple "dropped" it inplace of iWork....I like iWork more, but atleast they could give us replacement app for all the functions of AppleWorks.

This thread reminded me of a simpler time,but I watched my brother's iMac G4 with wishful eyes