Application compatibility with iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by moea, Mar 4, 2009.

1. moea macrumors newbie

I am having problems with my Mac G4, and it's been suggested it may be the motherboard. Therefore I'm considering getting a new iMac. I am concerned about what software i have, and what will be compatible with a new machine.

Here are the programs i currently have, and use:

Illustrator CS, Photoshop CS, Carrara 5 Pro, Painter IX, Hexagon 2, Dreamweaver MX, FireworksMX, Flash MX and Titanium Toast 6. I also use Appleworks 6 on occasion.

Can anyone indicate which, if any of these could be used with Leapord and iMac?

Thank you.

Maybe I'd be better off replacing the motherboard?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've never heard of Hexagon nor Carrara. I doubt those old versions of Macromedia/Adobe apps would work... and I know Toast 6 and AppleWorks won't even install, let alone run.

3. bindigok macrumors regular

Photoshop CS2 barely runs on Intel Macs, it runs but it was a pain in the a-s to set up and get running smoothly for me. Check Adobe's site, they dropped CS support a while back - but they may have Intel support for CS. If you are still running Appleworks, it's time to upgrade to iWork!! You won't regret it, it's a very short learning curve.

If you have the fundage, then go for a new iMac and some updated software. Last I checked Adobe had extended the upgrade prices for CS4, and some places have CS3 discounted slightly (not that much unfortunately).

And Leopard is AMAZING, it has all (well most) of the features you wish 10.4 had.