Application Crashes...Will Apple Replace iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uiop., Jan 12, 2009.

1. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

So I'm currently on my second iPhone 3G (the first one had more cracks on the casing than you could shake a stick at), and I've had it for about a month or so now. I've noticed that applications crash like its their job. I've had the issue with many apps, but iPod and Safari in particular. There have been days where I want to throw my iPhone out the window because of Safari. Anyway, will Apple replace my phone if I simply explain to them the issue or do they have to have "proof"?

Yes, yes, yes I've restored twice and rebooted it countless times.

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

It's worth a shot. They may exchange your iPhone.

You said you restored, did you set it up as a new iPhone or did you restore from a backup?

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

4. n8236 macrumors 65816

I suggest you first backup your iPhone and install a clean version of the latest firmware. Test out your apps then and see if it crashes. If it does, then you'll likely get a replacement.

From an IT perspective, me, I would obviously point to user error if it's not a clean install.

If I had to guess, I bet it has to do w/ software corruption on your iPhone. I would rebuild your phone from scratch.

5. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Sounds like something is corrupted in the firmware that you are updating with. Delete the firmware that is already downloaded, and re-download from Apple, restore the phone again. I cannot think of any hardware that could cause this, it's a operating system issue, which in turn, replacing the phone would not fix.

6. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

If you've done full restores (in DFU mode), then you might be able to get a replacement. It could be something like bad RAM. Otherwise they'll just tell you to restore.