Application delete....

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by saladiro, Feb 10, 2013.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

hi,

When i delete an app from itunes in my apps folder, shouldn't it auto delete off my iphone or ipad automatically next time i sync?

it doesnt and it believe it used to...

please help

(note: when i mean sync, i am wirelessly syncing, not with a cable)

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

No, when you sync, it backs it up again to your mac/pc. If you want removed from your iOS device, remove it on the device or uncheck the box in iTunes before you sync.

3. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

tks
    ..so i have to remove it twice, once to get off mac and second to get off iPhone?

4. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Not exactly. You should remove it from the iPhone first, and they remove it from the Mac/iTunes. Than it won't show up the next time you sync, and you don't have to sync right away if you don't want to.

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

When I delete an app from iTunes, iTunes tells me that it is going to delete off all devices and I think it does do that. I don't wirelessly sync but do the USB connection to sync so that might make a difference.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I do the same. I go to iTunes, plug in the phone, go to "Apps" and click "Remove" from the relevant App to be deleted, click "Sync" and the relevant App will be removed from the phone.

This procedure leaves the App on iTunes, enabling it to be reinstalled, if required, at a later date.