Application Development and Future

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CS5679, Feb 22, 2011.

1. CS5679 macrumors newbie

Hello Fellow Macheads,

I have recently become interested in possibly developing apps for apple mobile devices suchs as the iphone, and possibly also making this if I am successful making application sales a source of main income.

So my question what is your take on the future of applications, do you think that apps. are just a fad in technology that will soon pass or do you think that apps are here to stay?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Smart phones are 100% fads, they are going to be replaced by an invention called Pen and Paper.

Seriously though, App = Application = something you run on a processor. Unless you think that they are going to do away with phones that have processors in them, they aren't going anywhere.

And, sadly, if you're asking this question, you need to really look at the market and learn about computers because it doesn't sound like you've got the knowledge needed to create applications. Not to be rude, but a good application pushes the limits of what it can do by predicting the market and giving the people what they want before they ask for it. And doing it in a clean and user friendly way.

3. CS5679 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your anwser! Should have thought about the App = Application thing a long time ago! :D