Application equivalents?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Antonios, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Antonios macrumors newbie

Do you know the applications equivalent of CloneDVD, CloneCD, AnyDVD? Information about these programs can be found at www.slysoft.com

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I'm too lazy to check those apps out, but I'm guessing they're used to copy DVDs.

If that's the case, there's no one application that does it. It will unfortunately require more than one app. I recommend: MacTheRipper, DVD2OneX, and Disco (for ripping, shrinking, and burning, respectively)

You may not need the shrinker, but if you do, DVD2OneX is the best, IMO.

3. Antonios thread starter macrumors newbie

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I actually have no idea. I've never used it.

I should have mentioned that if you're balking at the Disco price, there's a free alternative called Burn that should work as well.

I don't necessarily know of a free alternative to DVD2OneX, however. Of course, if you have a dual-layer drive, shrinking is a non-issue.

And I should mention that MTR3 is currently in beta, but I believe you either have to register on the forums or donate to the project to get access to it. MTR3 is UB, whereas the 2.6.6 version you can still find is not UB. BTW, The "official" site for MTR is RipDifferent.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I believe FFMPEGX can shrink a DVD down to one DVD though it needs to be ripped with MacTheRipper first...

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Popcorn 2

...with maybe a little assistance from MacTheRipper, gnomesane. ;)