application for battery manager

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dipdog, Oct 21, 2008.

1. dipdog macrumors newbie

I like to keep the phone charging when it is in the car, and I also like to use the GPS, album cover flow, and other apps that won't prevent auto-lock from engaging if it is enabled (ie. if I'm using the GPS in the car with the auto-lock enabled, it will automatically shut down after several minutes, requiring me to continuously keep touching the screen to "wake" it back up). But I do like to use auto-lock when I step out of the car, and am no longer charging the phone, so that I don't forget to shut it off. What I'm wishing for is some sort of battery manager application, similar to the one on my laptop, which would allow you to select different options for auto-lock, depending on whether or not the phone is charging. ie. my laptop is set to never go into standby or hibernate when it is charging, but to standby or hibernate after several minutes when it is running off of the battery. Is there such an application available for the iphone? Is there a way to request one if there isn't?

- Scott

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Sounds like the phone would need to be jailbroken to use this app, if it exists.

3. aluren macrumors 65816

how about an app that turns on 3G automatically when i open Safari also?

4. firewood macrumors 604

Can't be done using the currently approved APIs in the developer SDK.