application for converting video for iphone//itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by komiothebeat, Apr 19, 2009.

1. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

Hello again MacRumors community ,

was wondering what applications everyone uses to convert videos to itunes or iphone format on Mac. for some reason i thought itunes did this but was disappointed when it didn't lol,

right now im using Vuze to convert for iphone was wondering what y'all use
    :apple:komio

2. waffles123 macrumors regular

I believe some people use Handbrake to convert video or Film Redux.

3. ethical macrumors 68000

Handbrake FTW!

It's got presets for the iPhone, so all you need to do it add all your movies to the queue and select the iPhone preset then hit GO. Then drag and drop into iTunes.

4. waffles123 macrumors regular

I forgot to mention but you can also use DoubleTwist, which does it automatically, and supports phones and other gadgets.

5. bingalo macrumors newbie

Ayup, sure does. It's really almost too easy. All you have to do is open a browser to youtube, find a video and then drag and drop the URL onto your doublTwist library. That's it. dT does the conversion download in just a few secs. You can then A. watch it, B. drag it onto your phone or other mobile device or C. send it to a friend so they can have it/watch/send it too.

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I use handbrake on the "Universal" setting. It works great for my iPhone, iPod touch, and on my Mac.

7. istinkles macrumors member

isquint is designed to do just that. I use it all the time to convert things like youtube videos.