Application for creating photo slideshows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jordygreen, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jordygreen macrumors 6502

jordygreen

I am looking for an app for creating nice looking photo slideshows with a menu as well to burn maybe, I have tried iDVD but it doesn't offer enough customizability as I am wanting, so is there any other applications that offer this at all?

Thanks,
    Jordan.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Have you tried creating a slide show in iPhoto and then sending it to iDVD?

4. jordygreen thread starter macrumors 6502

jordygreen

I haven't but I will try both of these options.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

5. ipedro macrumors 68030

ipedro

Add me to that chorus of people. :D

I use Fotomagico professionally. My clients love the work I produce with it.

6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

might want to look into an app called "Photo to Movie". Its not free, but it has some pretty nice options, integrates with the iLife apps, and has a very easy to follow interface without sacrificing functionality.

7. jordygreen thread starter macrumors 6502

jordygreen

I cant even try the Photo to Movie so I don't know how good it is. But FotoMagic is pretty good just I have to mess around with all the transitions now.

8. mlblacy macrumors 6502

check out Animoto, for something really cool...

Hey Jordy, check out Animoto.com.

Animoto produces VERY slick, hip and easy slideshows with a few clicks. I have been using them since they were beta'd. The end results are more like a MTV video than a simple slideshow, and the images interact with the pulse and beat of the accompanying music. The downside is there is a lot of serendipity at work here, but remixing can be accomplished with a few clicks. Shorts (30 seconds or less) are free, unlimited access for a year to make longer clips are 30 bucks a year. I have turned on quite a few folks to them in the last few months, and within 10 minutes of playing around they plunked out the cash for the 1 year access as well.

Check out one of my tourism slideshows here:
    http://animoto.com/play/23d4f707aec10402d2ec2311ddfa2ec5

Or a slower paced one here:
    http://animoto.com/play/91a47a27b46740071ab07620654a2e05

And no, I don't work for them, lol. Just passing on my discovery, let me know what you think...

I have downloaded the files and put them on iPods, burnt them via iDVD onto DVDs, and also put them on CDs and run them on a projector for a presentation... cool stuff IMO.

michael

9. Skeetz macrumors newbie

Using animoto

Michael:

I am an experienced photographer, although new to both digital and to putting together slide shows. I need to put together one for my daughter's hockey team, and your animoto examples look really cool. The show I have planned, based on sound tracks, is 12:16. Can the animoto program handle that length? Also, is this going to be accessible to a true novice? Thanks. BTW, I spent all my summers as a kid at the Jersey shore. The slide show is tremendous. Lots of memories.

Greg

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I put together several using iMovie 6 (not the current version, although it may work as well).

11. jakebrake3202 macrumors newbie

jakebrake3202

slide shows

I always create my slide shows in iMovie (I run iLife 06). Just import your photos from iPhoto or any other location. You can do much much more with a slide show in iMovie than you can in iPhoto. Then when you are done just export it to iDVD and customize your own menus and such. Best of all you don't have to install and learn any new software. iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD work well together, I have never had any reason to use anything else.