Application for Joining Multiple Multi-Page PDFs Together?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by james*b, Mar 19, 2014.

1. james*b macrumors regular

Hi
    Could anyone recommend an application for seamlessly joining multiple multi-page PDFs together into one single multi-page PDF? Ideally this would be something with a high degree of automation and creating consistent page dimensions etc.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I use an app called PDF Merger that works very well for me. I also have used Gelatin, but I like the PDF Merger better.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can easily join multi page PDFs using Preview.

5. james*b thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - how do I do that? Also if the pages have subtly different dimensions is there a way to correct this?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Open one PDF in Preview and make sure the sidebar is visible. Then drag other PDFs to the sidebar. You can drag the pages in the sidebar to rearrange, or delete unwanted pages by selecting on the sidebar and pressing the delete key. There isn't an option to resize all the pages to a common size, unfortunately.

7. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

As others have mentioned, you can do this in Preview which should be on your Mac already.

Depending on your requirements and personal preferences you might also want to look at the many third party solutions such as:

PDF Basics* (Cheap and cheerful)
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pdf-basics/id711503268?mt=12

Adobe Acrobat (Expensive and powerful)
    http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobatpro.html

If you're comfortable with the command line then you might want to take a look at GhostScript too. http://www.ghostscript.com

Good luck!

Rob

* I should point out that his is an app of mine. ;-)

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Preview is fantastic to get the odd merge done. But if the OP is actually looking for an automated solution, they should look at an Automator action.

9. snberk103 macrumors 603

Don't know if this will work, I don't have different sized PDFs already created to trial, but.... once you have your master PDF created in Preview I would just try to 'print to PDF' being sure to do the Page Settings first. Keep in mind that sometimes Command-P and choosing Print from the menu bar can occasionally bring up different printing options... so try to print both ways.