Application for keeping serial and registration info?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Abernathy, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Abernathy macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a good application for storing serial and registration information?

I'll be reinstalling a lot of apps tomorrow - hopefully! ;) - and it would be nice to have them all in one place.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, much appreciated!

2. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I think yojimbo has a feature of storing serials...but this software would be overkill just to have for the install of leopard...
    it is worth a look though.

byakuya

3. myusername macrumors member

myusername

RapidoSeria

Try RapidoSerial - not sure if it's Leopard Compatible yet though

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

How about just a text document? In anticipation of a clean Leopard install I just opened a new text document in TextEdit and went through my registration emails copying and pasting the registration details into the document. I'll just copy and paste from there into the apps as I install them. Not very high tech, but free. For longer term storage I use Safe Place for all my personal info.

6. Abernathy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've used a text doc in the past, but felt nervous in doing so, not sure why. Also, some sorting or organization features would be nice. I'll check out some of the suggestions or go back to a text doc or spreadsheet.

When I searched the forums earlier, someone mentioned a program called "1password." Has anyone tried this?

7. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Yes, a great application, but more for storing website login/password combinations rather than application registration details, although you can use it for this I think. One of my 'must-have' applications.

The text doc suggestion was just meant as a temporary thing while you go through all the application installs.

8. Abernathy thread starter macrumors newbie

The Wallet and Safe Place applications look great! Wallet would be really useful for the million other things I'm constantly losing track of, and Safe Place seems very simple- I like that, and it's cheap! I'll definitely be picking one of those.

Thanks!

9. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I agree...1password is one great application...I especially like the high integration level with all the browsers out there.

byakuya

10. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

one other possibility of storing your serials safely and easily is a combination of .txt files like suggested above in combination with a password protected disk image.
    That solution is free and unless you choose a password that can be guessed easily a rather safe solution in my opinion.

byakuya