Application for Money Management

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wnxgenral, Jul 4, 2008.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

I'm sure this question has been asked in the past but I just purchased my very first mac and I'm wondering what are the best applications for electronically managing my money... i.e. Connecting to my online bank accounts, labeling charges, investments, etc... thanks for your help guys!

Jack :apple:

2. RamblinWreck macrumors regular

RamblinWreck

I'm in the same boat as you are. I've heard great things from friends about iBank, and it looks to have an awesome GUI. Think I might be downloading the trial soon...

3. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

I'm very happy with iBank. It is the only program I tested (and I tested a lot) that manages money well and also has some stock functionality. In addition it looks good.

Recommended!

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/

4. DaveF macrumors 6502a

MS Money run in Parallels
    (still waiting for a Mac replacement for the Windows personal finance apps)

5. wnxgenral thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried iBank today... bought it instantly its the coolest program I've ever seen for managing money! Thanks!

6. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

I haven't tried the other ones, but Cha-Ching does a great job for me. It might not have advanced features, but for the everyday user, it's perfect.

7. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I did iBank for a few days, but found it too cumbersome with its requirement to balance checkbooks, difficulty entering mutual funds, etc.

I'm still using the old Quicken. Can't wait for Quicken Financial Life, which was supposed to be in beta right now for a fall release. Apparently it's delayed, and Intuit is rather tight lipped about it.

8. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

mint.com

is not an app, but a very good
    web 2.0 money management
    you should try it