Application I would like to see on iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rafaellimon, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Rafaellimon macrumors newbie

How about if you could take a picture on what ever you have on screen in safari web browser, what for? if you are on the go you can check maps, directions or movie show times with out having to find a wifi spot while moving or on a car that is almost imposible.. what you guys think?

2. Schnebar macrumors 6502

you could always just leave that page up in safari and open up safari and it is there without wifi.

You just loose it if you click on something.

Maybe it is the same if you open up new pages. Without wifi can you go look at the pages preloaded that you have hidden?

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

You can, although it depends on how large the pages are, and what else you might do before going back to Safari. Safari will cache as much as it can, but I have a feeling the cache isn't too large.

If you leave a tab on one of those 'Click to Print' pages with relatively simple HTML, I bet you could cache 3 or 4 tabs and still be okay. (just a feeling, haven't tested.)

4. manram24 macrumors member

u could go on your mac and take a sreenshot
    then u save it on ur ipt and just zoom in and out to see the spots u want

5. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i think i will do this with google maps until the touch is jailbreaked. and ill do it with webpages.

6. Rafaellimon thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought it was a good idea I havent got my touch yet so I didnt know that it will work just leaving the page on safari, but still I think would be a good application and with out the risk of loosing data or info...

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I call that
    offline mode+save page to local HDD.

apple obviously won't do it, since they claim this is an "iPod". But hacks will do......

8. In Sams World macrumors newbie

www.itouchmaps.com

9. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Im not sure if you really mean it, but its indeed interesting.

on another thought, how about apple just open up the device, and let ppl install whatever they need/want? frostwire, aMule, firefox, abiword....would be nice.

11. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

It would, but its clear from what happened with the recent iPhone update that Apple mean business. I also have a feeling that the iPod Touch firmware and the new iPhone firmware have the same sort of encryption... Of course im not sure though, would just seem logical.

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I can see apple's hostile attitude to the free world, however, once I got all the 3rd party pieces I need, I would just stop updating firmware until next hacks come out...

13. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yep, do the same with my PSP, it will be hard at first but as time goes on every firmware will be cracked in a few hours, also like my PSP :D