Application Idea

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Crash-n-Burn, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

Has anybody done anything like this before?

I think it would be a great idea to have a program that lets your scan in receipts. With each scan you can enter receipt information. I constantly find myself loosing receipts, but it would be really cool to have a place to digitally store them.

I can elaborate more on my idea if anyone wants to hear? I have the program planned out, but I don't actually know how to program :(

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Couldnt you do this by simply scanning and labelling with metadata your own receipts?

3. Crash-n-Burn thread starter macrumors regular

Oooo :eek: thats cool. I will give that a try. It's a bit more general then I had in mind but will do the trick!

But it is $34. Is there any freeware that does similar things?

4. 119576 Guest

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

6. Slumbercub macrumors regular

So you want to scan in your receipts and organise them?

I suppose you could try Receiptwallet, you never know it might work. ;) :D :cool:

7. Crash-n-Burn thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what I was looking for. But it's so difficult for me to pay for software. Oh well might have to bite the bullet.

8. Crash-n-Burn thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the double post, but does can I use iPhoto for meta tags? I'm trying to think of a free alternative.