Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mj_1903

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

As application developers, we are constantly looking for new ideas on what to develop for Mac OS X. If you want or need something, feel free to pop into our forums and post your idea or request and we will take a look at it. Feel free to post anything, no matter how stupid you think the idea may be. We can work on menubar apps, pref panes, applications or haxie's.

Thanks!

The Little App Factory Team

Last edited by a moderator:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I'll try not to go out of bounds with the ideas, but how about a single, solid application that changes the font in the very top menu bar on the screen for whatever app is running? There are apps to change the font, but it either only works for when certain apps are in the foreground, or only works for certain parts of the system.

Also, if you could be a drop and convert program for converting JPG or GIF files into .incs files without some expensive plug-in for Photoshop (i.e.: a stand alone app) that would be cool for me.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Originally posted by idkew
a movie jukebox. just as itunes plays a list of songs, i want quicktime (or a haxie....) to play music videos full screen and have a fade (or just jump) into the next video.

And be able to play DiVX files as well as ahot so others.

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
i want a simple notation program, music notation. with a nice os x interface. nothing big though. doesn't even need midi in

jollygoodas

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
New Zealand
song writers app

ok, so here's what I'm keen on.
A song writing app, (like lyricist, but for mac) complete with a rhyming dictionary, note pad on the side for extra ideas, a little audio recorder so that you can record ideas of tunes and tag them to certain lyrics and a mode that double spaces the lyrics and adds a separate line for adding chords so they look like this:

G A D
I want a lyrics app

That kind of program would be freakin awesome. Sell it on the app store for $25 NZD and I'll buy it. I bet every mac muso would.

Also you could add the option to import, link or tag pdf files of chord sheets, mp3s, garageband projects, etc.
Possibly a tuner and metronome and a little midi keypad, but that's not so important.

Andeavor

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
There is already a Lyrics Finder that works with iTunes and YouTube.

I would like to see a song finder where you hold your phone against the radio or speaker and it'll find it with a link to iTunes for immediate download.

danf

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
song writer app

Does this do what you want? http://www.sibelius.com/home/index_flash.html

If not, I'm happy to work with you to create the software you need. Mac programming is my new little hobby.

ok, so here's what I'm keen on.
A song writing app, (like lyricist, but for mac) complete with a rhyming dictionary, note pad on the side for extra ideas, a little audio recorder so that you can record ideas of tunes and tag them to certain lyrics and a mode that double spaces the lyrics and adds a separate line for adding chords so they look like this:

G A D
I want a lyrics app

That kind of program would be freakin awesome. Sell it on the app store for $25 NZD and I'll buy it. I bet every mac muso would.

Also you could add the option to import, link or tag pdf files of chord sheets, mp3s, garageband projects, etc.
Possibly a tuner and metronome and a little midi keypad, but that's not so important.

zzzspawn

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2011
Idea..

Hi, and I hope you still watch over this thread :)

but anyways, I have an Idea, an app where you either plug in a camera to your mac, or where you use your webcam, and the whole screen turn into a fullscreen of the video-source. but the catch is that you can delay the video from a couple of seconds, to 5 minutes or so, and this would be great for sports where you have for example multiple athletes doing something, and each one of the athletes can go examine themselves after doing something, and they'll quickly learn from their mistakes.. and it takes away the tiresome process of filming and watching the film whereas each athlete has to wait for the one before them to watch their clip, and put the camera back to recording.

there exists solutions for this, but they are either full solutions, where you buy a camera and a screen to get the whole package.. and you have some sports-analysing tools, but they are way to advanced for simple people who need a cheaper and easier way of doing this :)
(also, their ugly as heck ;)
I really hope someone makes this, as I think it would become very popular if it is well done.
on a sidenote, the app should of course be able to take screenshots or maybe even save the film for later review :)

thanks for listening =)

MtnGirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
Brightwood, Oregon
New Mac App idea

I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this, but I would love an app that will organize my yarn, crochet hooks/knitting needles, patterns and ongoing projects. I have a few of these on my iPhone, but I wish that there was a program that I could use on my computer (ideally that would have an iPhone/iPad app companion). I currently use Knit Keeper (a new app that has almost everything a knitter/crocheter is looking for, I think), but I have also tried Knit Minder, Ewe Stash and Stitch Stash. Knit Keeper is the most complete in terms of options for data entry and fields included. The only function that this app is missing is a way for your yarn inventory to decrease when you mark it as used in a project. I know a few people who are looking for this same type of app, and I am hoping that someone might want to create this app for all of us disorganized and forgetful crocheters and knitters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.