Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I want to release an application only in my native language (Greek). I don't want the application to be available in any other language or application store.

How can I do this? Must I use NSLocalizedStrings anywhere? In the iPhone application store must I choose "Greece" in the "Review App Store" option?

jnic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Cambridge
If you're only releasing in one language then there's no need for NSLocalizedStrings. When you're selecting app stores during submission, deselect everything except Greece.

Troglodyte

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Is there a separate Greek Language app review process and store? It might make the review process easier if you do do an English version as well (no cultural imperialism implied - just thinking of the route of least resistance ;) )

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I submitted my application. I have deselected all application stores except from the Greek store, since I want my application to be made available in this store only.

However, I decided to Localize my application in Greek and English. I thought that there are people at the Application review team that won't be able to read Greek, so I thought that localizing at least the menus will make things easier for them, and the review process...

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I thought that there are people at the Application review team that won't be able to read Greek, so I thought that localizing at least the menus will make things easier for them, and the review process...
...except that they'll probably want to review to Greek version as well to make sure you are not trying to slip something past them.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
...except that they'll probably want to review to Greek version as well to make sure you are not trying to slip something past them.

Yes, I have thought of that. Anyway, I believe I have followed the right steps on localization. In case they want to review it in Greek, I have made the proper translation, I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.