Application Installer for "Apple Preview" 10.6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Suckaboo, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Suckaboo macrumors newbie

Does anyone know where I can find the installer for the version of Apple Preview that shipped with Snow Leopard?

I won't bother with the why's, but the Lion-updated Apple Preview does not work for me the way I need it to.

I don't have my Snow Leopard disc anymore or I would take it from there :(

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You need a Snow Leopard disc, and the SL version probably won't work in Lion.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The only place you could legally obtain a download of that would be from Apple: they own the copyright. As they do not provide downloads for individual OSX components there are no legal sources other than an OSX install DVD as suggested by miles01110. We cannot discuss any other downloads sources on these forums and no-one can post a copy of there Preview from SL (as that would be re-distribution of copyright materials which is against the forum rules).

The only other thing I can suggest is that if Preview was updated in any OSX point release it may be possible to extract it using Pacifist from the updater that can be downloaded from Apple. I have no idea if this would result in a usable app.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

You could just walk into the Apple store and ask. I lost my copies of iLife '11 and they used their external hard disk to copy it over to my PC Mac. Fortunately, now it shows under the MAS as well.