Application Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nyprincess, Feb 24, 2009.

1. nyprincess macrumors newbie

so i got my new itouch the other day and now i cant use the applications that i got. i can click on them and they will open for like a second and then it just goes back to the main screen. i have no idea what to do. i have tried to turn it off and then turn it on, but that didnt help. please let me know what i can do to fix this problem that i am having.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It sounds like an iTunes Store authentication issue. Reconnect the iPod to the computer, launch iTunes. Deauthorize the computer from under the Store menu, reauthorize, and then sync an application back to the iPod. Report back if you still have an issue.

3. nyprincess thread starter macrumors newbie

How would I relaunch the applications?! I am really not very good with computers and iPods and such. I did just delete all of the applications from my iPod and I just got reinstalled a few of them, and they seem to be working, but right now I dont know if they still are because I am back at work and I dont have the password to use the WiFi, my boss doesn't even know the password. Plus I wouldn't be able to do what you suggested until after I get off work and get back home.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Adding/removing an application is pretty easy. Hold a finger down on one of the installed applications. After a few seconds they'll start to wiggle, and an X will appear in the upper left corner of the ones you can remove. Tapping the X displays a warning that it'll remove the data stored in the application and you'll have to redownload it or transfer it over from the computer. Tap ok, and poof its gone. Reconnect the iPod to the computer and let it auto-sync to move the application back over.

5. nyprincess thread starter macrumors newbie

So I guess going back to the app store and getting it again isn't the same? I just want to know the BEST way to do this, so that it doesn't happen agian. I'm guessing what I did, chances are this is going to happen again.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You have to remove an app from the iPod/iPhone before you can re-download it from the App Store.

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Well, if you delete it on your iPhone/iPod, it will be removed from your device's app sync list in iTunes, but you can still add it back without re downloading.

8. itouch1239876 macrumors newbie

Ipod touch problem

My iPod will not turn on:mad:. Ive tried every thing to turn it on:confused:. I used the home button(held down + taped), then the top button(held down + taped), then the top and the home button( taped + held down). please help!!!!!! Itunes will not detect it