Application Launch Failure

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jkovnick, Jul 9, 2007.

1. jkovnick macrumors newbie

When I restart my computer, I get the following message:

Application Launch Failuer

The application "Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Transport Monitor><Transport Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>"

I have to click on the box and then the message disappears and the computer starts up well. But it happens each time I restart.

Any thoughts for how to avoid getting this error?

Thanks, Jeffrey

2. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

This error message indicates a problem with one of the components included with the Palm Desktop software, and you may need to re-install the software.

First, uninstall Palm Desktop via these instructions.

Next, re-install Palm Desktop, which is available as a standalone download.

If you have recently performed an Archive and Install and are experiencing this problem afterward, the HotSync libraries (part of the Palm Desktop package) may be located in at /Previous Systems/Previous System(1)/Library/CFMSupport/HotSync Libraries.

You can move these files to the /Library/CFMSupport/ directory in order to obviate a re-install.

3. Doctor X macrumors newbie

Do not know if this helps anyone, but it involves Palm, Transport Monitor, and Mac.

I fixed the problem described above with updates. As in my signature, I have an old Mac which worked with Palm happily. As I have updated things recently, I noticed it ran hotter and slower than usual.

So, after hunting around, I checked the Activity Monitor.

TRANSPORT MONITOR WAS USING 70+% OF THE CPU!!!111!! [!--Ed.]

When I had OS 9, I would stick it in the "Start-Up Folder" and Hotsync happily. I did the same for OS X. Well . . . there you go. I removed it.

Everything is faster and cooler.

Note, it used this CPU activity when Palm was not on. It was a constant drain. Wish I knew this six months ago!

Now, when I want to Hotsync, I turn it on, Sync, then quit the program via Activity Monitor.

Hopes this is useful to someone--perhaps if they search. Do not know if this affects more recent Macs.

Palm is a Zire 31.

--J.D.