Application memory question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrazEtooN, Jun 25, 2008.

1. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

While playing around with my jailbroken iPhone, something dawned on me. The applications folder is located on the system side of the memory partition, and that entire partition only consists of 300mb. You can use tweaks like BossTool to move the folder to the media side and link it to the system side to trick the device, but that is a tweak, not the way it really is.

Will 2.0 be the same way? Will the apps folder official be moved to the media partition? I have been ecstatic over the concept of having 8+ gigs of space for apps, and the thought of being restricted to 150 or so MB (what the OS and default apps leave free) of the system partition is kind of upsetting.

Does anyone have any better insight into this?

2. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Well if you've read some of the sources out there on iphone app size resitrictions, apps are restricted at 2gigabytes, which is well over the partition of 300mb. One would assume the only limit is the app cap limit

3. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Just jailbreak it to be sure its in the media partition, i kno i will:D

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

each app gets its own space; it's all self contained.

5. CrazEtooN thread starter macrumors regular

Damn... I totally forgot about that app limit size thing. That completely answers my question and I feel like a fool for making this thread now...

Thanks, and sorry...