Application Memory

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ks-man, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

How much memory do typical applications use up? I'm sure it varies by the app, but can I get some examples for simple, medium, and extensive apps?

I picked up an 8 GB touch which is more than enough for my music, videos and photos, but now as I'm considering a jailbreak I'm wondering if I will start using many GBs of memory for applications (assuming I do jailbreak).

Also does anybody know if I want to exchange an 8 GB for a 16 GB in the first 14 days am I able to do this free of charge or is there a restocking fee?

Thanks.

2. Maegulimavri macrumors newbie

I had a 16gb touch, about 9gb spare storage — filled up about 1 and 1/2 pages of apps (maybe a bit less), and i started to get a message saying that i was running out of space (this message was given by the touch itself).

None of the app-occupied space appeared on iTunes, so i was unable to confirm the message.

Hope this helps.

3. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

I have a total of 25 apps (including dock) roughly 1 and a half pages and it has taken up much less than 1gb (dunno exact number)

Apps aren't big unless your iTunes libary takes up most of the 8/16gb memory.

4. ohio state fan macrumors member

I have about 10 or 15 apps including gpsphone and new. With almost 60 roms. It has only taken up 204mb.