Application not fully "Fullscreen"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Avlor, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Avlor macrumors newbie

Hey everybody,

I'm very new to mac, just got mine several weeks ago, so this might sound as a very silly question. When I have my dock hidden and I maximise an application, I still have some portion of desktop visible (see screenshot attached). As far as I understand, this is a placeholder for the dock, but I would very much like to get rid of this band. Is that possible?

Attached Files:

2. Jack06 macrumors member

If you move the top left corner of the app to the top left corner of the screen and then drag the bottom right corner of the screen to cover the desktop would it solve your problem?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If your Dock would be on the left or right side of the screen, you would gain the pixels at the bottom.

4. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

I realise that your question is general, and apologies if you know this anyway, but since you've shown Lightroom as an example, are you aware that you can "maximise" Lightroom completely, i.e. without the dock and without the menu bar? Key "F" to cycle through the different views.

5. Avlor thread starter macrumors newbie

If I move the dock to the side, the ugly band just moves to the side as well. I understand that on mac you don't usually maximize apps as you do on Windows, but that's still annoying behaviour.
    Nope, manual dragging doesn't go beyond the reserved space.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Maybe it depends on what you're used to. I can't stand the absolute full screen view that some people leave open on my computer at work. At least it doesn't happen often.