Application Not Launching?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrfeeny, Aug 15, 2008.

1. mrfeeny macrumors newbie

I installed a program (Popcorn 3)
    after installing it, i try opening it, it pops up and bounces in the dock for a second or 2, then disappears! I don't know what the problem is. I just ran updates and tried again, i tried reinstalling about a million times, restarting, what could be the problem!?!?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Try moving the preference file to your Desktop and relaunching the app to see if that helps. It should be in <your user name>/Library/Preferences, and it's probably called com.roxio.popcorn.plist.

3. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

4. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

5. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Try creating a new user account on your computer (or use an existing one if you already have one) and see if you can open it there. That will pin down whether it's a user-specific problem or if it's a broader problem with the app.

7. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

8. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm how do i create another user? im totally new to macs. i did try to install the software on a different mac, a desktop, and it gave me the same problem

9. djtrippin macrumors newbie

You can create a new user account under system preferences in the 'accounts' pane.

Are you installing this app from a disc or download? If you downloaded it you may have had a hiccup during download causing a corrupted file. You may want to download the app again.

10. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

at first i downloaded it and it gave me this problem. then i deleted all the files and uninstalled and i bought the program. but its still giving me the same problem

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

then that's just strange, usually programs that are unable to launch just need to preference file to be re-created. what are the specs of the mac?

12. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

yay i fixed it! it turns out i just needed to update the software from their site