Application Preferences all of a sudden grayed out!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aaagat111, Jun 16, 2010.

1. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

So I absolutely love SizeUp...which is basically a more advanced keyboard based version of "snap" on Windows 7 for mac os x.

Anyway, all of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts got reset, and now I can not reset them because when I go up to the menu bar and click on SizeUp (the name of the application) the "preferences" option is grayed out, preventing me from changing any preference.

Does anybody know how to fix this / had a similar problem where the preferences of an application was disabled?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Find the SizeUp plist file and move it to the Desktop.
    Then start up SizeUp which will create a new one.
    But, it will have the original settings. At least you should be able to change them again. If that works, you can Trash the file from the Desktop.

Look here:
    HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences
    It will be called com.sizeup.plist or something similar (perhaps the name of the developer, if different, before "sizeup")

3. aaagat111 thread starter macrumors regular

aaagat111

I did this originally, thinking oh this will just reset the shortcuts, unfortunately it resets them where multiple shortcuts are overlapping, but AGAIN the prefrences option is STILL grayed?? I even went into the plist file and manually edited the values to try to set the shortcuts to all different keyboard combinations to avoid overlap and bring up the preferences, but again this (although editing the shorcuts, did not change the fact that the program preferences didn't show up)

Thanks though,

Alex

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, if you've tried anything else, you might want to post that so someone else doesn't waste 5 minutes proposing an already failed attempt to fix it. (Many people post problems and ask for help without mentioning what they've tried... because they're clueless, and don't have any idea what to try. How does one tell the difference??)