Application Push Notification?? What happend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kev21986, Nov 11, 2008.

1. kev21986 macrumors newbie

Anyone have any idea what happened to the promised application push notifications? I don't get how this isn't getting more attention.

2. JP3G macrumors member

JP3G

I believe it got removed in the 2.1 Beta 4 version for "further development". God knows (Steve) when it will appear again in beta versions.

3. detz macrumors 65816

They want to make sure it works before they release it...god knows these forums BLOW up when something small goes wrong, imagine them releasing this and it not working. :eek: There is a pretty large infrastructure that has to go into this too, the mistake they made was announcing they were even doing it.

4. kev21986 thread starter macrumors newbie

Were there problems with it when it was in the 2.1 beta?

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Whatever small tidbits we've heard (small, small tidbits) all say that it had tons of problems and was in no way close to working correctly.

So goodness knows if we'll ever see it. The good news is that they learned their lesson from the MobileMe launch. So we know that if Push DOES appear, at least that means it actually works. I'd rather not have it at all than have a half-broken version of it.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've heard the same thing. Although it's annoying, I'd rather have Apple WAIT and release a good product than 'push' crap on us. ;)