Application re-install

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TomT321, Oct 17, 2009.

1. TomT321 macrumors member

When you see a program such as Snow Leopard or Iworks, etc.for a Mac it basically says personal use, family use, or unlimited (or words to that affect). What does that really mean? In other words if a friend of mine bought Iworks with his new Mac could I download it onto my computer? Also I know that there are "piracy" issues but am wondering can it be done. Also with the discs that come with a new Mac it is my understanding that if for some reason you were to "lose" your programs that those discs would re-install the programs on your computer, but I see them for sale all over Ebay which leads me to believe that they can be re-used again and again. What exactly is the story? :confused:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can do that, but it is against the EULA. So don't do it. No.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can refer to Apple's Software License Agreement (SLA) site for the software in question, to find out what you can and can't do with installations. If a person buys iWork, they can only install it on one computer at a time:

4. TomT321 thread starter macrumors member

Not worth it

Thank you for the info I have no want need nor desire to violate any laws or agreements, just wondering.