Application Stack somehow corrupted

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adamlbiscuit, Sep 22, 2008.

1. adamlbiscuit macrumors regular

I have a problem with the stack function in leopard, the applications stack in particular. Here's the problem

[​IMG]

The icon beside the perfectly fine safari icon is what shows for every new application I download. Looking at the application in the finder window shows the correct icon and even in the dock it looks fine, it just looks like this in the stack. The application works fine and as far as I'm aware its meant to be ran under leopard. It does this with every new application I have downloaded so far with exception of a couple.

My Airport utility also had this icon, but unlike the problem above it looked like that all the time finder, dock anywhere and it wouldn't open (I had to download a new copy from the apple website to fix.) I have no idea whats going wrong there seems to be a load of these white no entry signs cropping up here and there, and repairing permissions and restarting does nothing.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's just the icon for a newly downloaded app. It will change after a short while, or maybe a restart. Don't worry about it.

3. adamlbiscuit thread starter macrumors regular

Phew thats a relief I honestly never noticed it before, how come its a no entry sign? Weird choice for an icon. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Not sure why that icon, but it has to do with the "You downloaded this app from Teh Internets™ ..." prompt.

5. adamlbiscuit thread starter macrumors regular

Oh yeah, seems to make sense now considering that message :eek:

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not "weird" at all. That symbol means NO. But yea, a reboot or if you launch the app, it will register and remove the "NO App" symbol and replace with the appropriate one.

7. adamlbiscuit thread starter macrumors regular

Aye, the reason I thought it was weird cuz thats usually the symbol you get when you don't have permission to move smth to a certain destination etc. Its okay anyway as long as its supposed to be there :)