Application Support folders have incorrect permissions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gumbyx84, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I was having problems with preference changes not "sticking" in Adium. I dug through my Application Support folder and found that the permissions are screwed up. I cannot write to or edit anything in the folder even though I have given myself the proper permissions. I also found out a few other folders have the same problem.

This all stems from a failed TM restore a few months ago. I had to manually dif through the parsebungle to get my files back after SN failed to restore from Time Machine. Some of my files got there permissions screwed up, but I thought I'd fixed them all. Does anyone know how I would fix this problem without having to wipe out the affected folders?

2. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Figured it out

I'm probably going to get slammed for double-posting, but I figure out the problem. I spent the last hour+ Googling trying to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it. Somehow the ACL was screwed up, so I had to remove it from all the affected folders through Terminal, then reset the permissions to what they are supposed to be (also through terminal). As of right now, it seems to have worked.

Again sorry for double-post.