Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
The four-finger swiping is what really sells this trackpad to me. I've got a quick question about application switching, though.

So you open the application switcher by swiping left or right. It's not documented (anywhere that I've seen), but once the application switcher is open you can use the two-finger scroll to go between the applications. My question is, once you've selected that application (using the two-finger scroll, not the cursor), is there any way to switch to it WITHOUT moving the cursor to the icon and clicking it OR using the keyboard? Basically, can I switch to it using the trackpad?

I think I've done this before, but I can't figure out how to recreate it. Can anyone play around with it for a while and see if it's possible? Thanks!

JW008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
I don't know if anyone is interested, but I finally figured it out.

Once you've highlighted (with the two-finger scroll) the application that you want to select, tap (don't click) the trackpad with four fingers to select.

I have the "Tap to Click" option off under System Preferences (I have to physically press the button in order to click), so if you've got the option checked you might have differing results.

If someone is interested, it might be good to start a thread that has all these non-documented trackpad features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.