Application that combines video with many text files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Werdnanoslen, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Werdnanoslen macrumors newbie

First, what I want:
    * Connect a 30 minute video with one large or 3-4 small text files
    * Connect many of these video-text connections into a whole
    * Search through and sort all these files

What I'm actually doing is compiling a ~30-minute video of a chef with several recipe text files into a "show," and then all the shows would be compiled into a "series," and I should be able to search the series for a particular show or recipe within a show and sort (sort of narrow down, like searching in iTunes Library) recipes by keywords like ingredients or cook time.

I'm starting here just in case there's already an application that accomplishes this, as I have absolutely no idea how to translate this paragraph into a search term. I'm totally cool with using some program that could just somehow connect text and videos and search/sort through the text files, but I still don't know what one would be.

Also, I'm generally a novice programmer, but I'm very experienced with some web programming, so I know exactly how I could make a website for this; however, the whole point of this is to be able to access it offline and possibly transfer it between machines. With my limited knowledge and even more limited coding creativity, is there a way to make a sort of offline website for this?

If not, then is there any application like this I could use? If none of the above, then what is the best way to go about writing a program for this?

2. Werdnanoslen thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it may not be the best way of accomplishing it, but I've found the application Site Sucker that downloads all the files (minus java and flash) on a website. Now to make the site.

If there's still a better way to do this, I'd love to hear it.