Application to automatically transfer data?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abhishekagarwal, Jan 4, 2014.

1. abhishekagarwal macrumors newbie

Hey!
    I own a macbook and an iMac. I use my iMac as my primary device and macbook for programming and research/school stuff. I want to know about an application which will automatically send the new songs i download in my iMac to the macbook as soon as it connects to the wireless network. Maybe it works as a shared folder or something?
    If you know anything that can help me, please tell me!
    Thanks a lot!!!

2. Enzedder macrumors member

Have a look at Keyboard Maestro or Hazel in conjunction with Dropbox/Skydrive/Google Drive or some other online repository?

3. numlock macrumors 68000

if you mount the macbook drive/folder on the imac when it appears you can use that as a trigger for do something when a script/automator workflow to do what you want.

if that is too many steps then i think a you would need something like applescript

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The app ControlPlane can be setup to trigger actions when it detects wifi. You should be able to have ControlPlane run an Applescript to transfer the music for you.

5. abhishekagarwal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for the help
    I wanted an application which could do all that automatically without me setting the instruction (I was being too lazy:D) but now I think ill be able do it
    Thanks a lot

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I love Dropbox. I also love Synchronize! Pro X. Many Mac users swear by ChronoSync. The takeaway message is that you have several options, any of which is more than adequate to your needs.