Application Update Issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmarkt, Jul 21, 2013.

1. jmarkt macrumors member

In an emergency situation at a conference, I needed to display a presentation via Apple TV; however, I couldn't remember my new Apple ID at the time. A friend signed on, using his account, in order to download Mountain Lion to accommodate Mirror Play .

Upon returning home, I have since upgraded to Mountain Lion using my ID; however, I continue to receive update notices regarding Apps that my friend purchased in the past.

How can I get rid of notifications to update Apps that are meant for him?? Sorry, but I'll need fairly explicit instructions as I'm somewhat new to iMacs.
    Thanks for any assistance.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like you are still logged into the App Store under his account. Launch the App Store application then on the right side under Quick Links click Account. Then click the sign out button to logoff his account. Now log back in with yours.

3. jmarkt thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, Weaselboy, for the reply. I believe I was properly logged in? In any event, I logged out and logged back in, with my AppleID/Password, and it again advised an update was available, for a program I don't even have resident on my computer. It did state, however, that I should log in under his account, to update the application.

Is there a way to delete his account name?

4. jmarkt thread starter macrumors member

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, you have to go into Preferences, then Spotlight, and drag the Application you do not need to the trash. Then, go to the Privacy Tab in Spotlight, select the "+", then select your entire Macintosh HD, then go back and highlight it and select the "-" key below.

All of that creates a re-indexing in Spotlight, and it will not longer try to update the application.