Application wishlist/Q&A

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chicagodrew, Oct 15, 2007.

1. chicagodrew macrumors newbie

Just wanted to start a general thread for applications that I wish were on the iPod touch/iPhone. I bet developers are already working on a bunch of these, now that these devices have been unlocked, but in case they need some more ideas :) here it goes.

If any of these already exist, please point them out to us. We can all learn a lot from each other here.

1) Beatbox over Music - While I suck at TTR, it gave me this idea: play/record drum and percussion beats over a song on your ipod. (Not sure if the hardware can support this).
    2) Safari:Open in New Window - on long link touch, instead of popping up the URL, open link in new window. Even with Wifi, it's slow to do the "back" button (reload page), so it'd save a bunch of time to just open new link in a new window.
    3) Screen capture of a video frame and save in photos/background.

Well, that's about all I've got right now. A big thanks to all of the developers out there. It feels a little like when the PalmPilot was first released!

-Andrew

2. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

my main wish is for something that supports flash over the internet, so i can stream videos (through flash)

3. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

stream music to airport express
    stream Internet radio providers that appear in iTunes - with the starbucks facility to buy the tracks your hear.
    Drag and drop app loading via iTunes

4. baummer macrumors 6502a

It has this feature already, in a way. Lauch Safari. Tap the icon in the lower right corner. You can add pages there.

5. skir0987 macrumors regular

I agree with surferfromuk, I really want airtunes...
    Also flash and google video.
    -Shep

6. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

I want a program that you can drag the app icons around without having to play with code.

That'd be nice.