APPLICATION WON'T RUN IN PARALlELS

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RUGERMAN, May 21, 2011.

1. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

I was running a tax program in Parallels and it stopped operating properly by not displaying the help file or the electronic filing module. When I contacted the company they found out I was running on a Mac and refused to talk to me saying they did not support Macs, end of discussion. I was able to us the program as it worked fine except for those two things. Does it make any sense that some small section of a program would not work but the rest of it functioned perfectly? And does it make any sense that it is the fault of Mac running XP? I would like to use this program again next year but need the electronic filing.
    Also, is it possible to install bootcamp now that I have Parallels installed without losing anything?
    Thanks
    Ed Wilmsen

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

It might be a graphical glitch as parallels usually forces all programs to run in full screen by default, but at reduced resolution, so some windows or options are hidden. Try resizing the window so it's not in full screen mode.

As for running bootcamp, it's possible, but it's tricky if you have more than 2 partitions.

3. Phantom Gremlin macrumors regular

try VMware

I think you can download a free trial of VMware. Why not try it and see if it works better with that application than Parallels does?

4. Finch7 macrumors newbie

Mmmm, I would greatly consider running windows natively on bootcamp.