Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewVenner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Jailbroken firmware has some pretty cool features, but I can't do hardly anything with the old applications I had before, and most don't even work anymore.

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
So it's not just me then... iSlots doesn't save your score after hitting the home button... Can't create categories in Leftover... Can't download any packages for the Zip Codes app...

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
This is taken from ipodtouch fans forum: http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29215

Working:
iblackjack
apollo
iphysics,
nes
boss prefs
boss tools
openSSH
TTR
towers of hanoi
garf
tetronimo
backgammon
BlockPuzzle
iSolitaire
and these work too
Mobilefinder
mobiletextedit
Term-vt100
VNsea
Connect
SIP-VoIP
Stumbler
TODOLIST
Crosswalk
Itrac
Jiggy Runtime
Wedict
Splitter
Boss Tool (New version released 0.35)
iZoo
Othello
Sendpic
iCrosswalk
iDigger
Services
Battery
Labyrinth
iSlots
RSS
Johntool
flashlight
books
bluetooth
iradio
isnale
waves
sysinfo
pdfviewer
isolitaire
photoboard
iphysics
sketches
customize (new version released 1.21)
screenshot
MobileScrobbler 1.1.3 version only!
dock

Not Working:
Summberboard
Apple Google Maps 1.1.2
Apple MobileMail 1.1.2
Apple Stocks 1.1.2
Apple Weather 1.1.2
Customize
advance prefrences

ehaugk

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2008
New Jersey
A) Why would you want 1.1.2 apps on Jailbroken 1.1.3 when you can have 1.1.3 apps for free?

B) Customize works perfectly

C) Summerboard works to a certain capacity - You can change icons, the only thing you can't do is change the backgrounds.

D) Advanced prefs works perfectly

AndrewVenner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Yeah, some of thoses apps work, but most including NES and Block Puzzle, etc. Download, and then when it says installing, installer crashes.

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
ahh well, most apps i use work fine.
was glad my bought january update finally synced.
and mobile finder en ssh work fine. so for now i'm happy.
most apps will be updated or not. that's what we 1.1.3 jb have to live with.

AndrewVenner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Know what? This 1.1.3 "upgrade" is not worth it, even if it is Jailbroken. I'm just going to "Downgrade" back to 1.1.2 where I can actually use installer again.

iMouseHD

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
Apollo wont work for me. So...wtf?

No go for me as well. Apple apps are just fine but the only programs I used on a regular basis like Apollo Mobile Chat Customize where all no go. I used the iJailbreak and it updated 1.1.3 just fine but apps from 3rd party where a no go for the most part. Decided to just stick with what I have and see what SDK brings.

illweather

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2006
A) Why would you want 1.1.2 apps on Jailbroken 1.1.3 when you can have 1.1.3 apps for free?

B) Customize works perfectly

C) Summerboard works to a certain capacity - You can change icons, the only thing you can't do is change the backgrounds.

D) Advanced prefs works perfectly

Customize does not work with 1.1.3. You can run the program, but that's about it. And summerboard isn't supported yet, so I don't know what you're talking about. And, thirdly, advanced prefs does work but certain features do not.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Customize does not work with 1.1.3. You can run the program, but that's about it. And summerboard isn't supported yet, so I don't know what you're talking about. And, thirdly, advanced prefs does work but certain features do not.

have you installed customize on your touch? cause I have and it 95% works for me, Ionly things it doesn't seem to do is the dock and hide apps, customization has worked for me, got custom sliders, custom text, volume bar is different colour, wifi image has been changed, set my default carrier icon all through customize

illweather

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2006
have you installed customize on your touch? cause I have and it 95% works for me, Ionly things it doesn't seem to do is the dock and hide apps, customization has worked for me, got custom sliders, custom text, volume bar is different colour, wifi image has been changed, set my default carrier icon all through customize

Are you sure you have 1.1.3? You are the only person I have heard say that customize works for them under 1.1.3. I can't change carrier icon, sliders, nothing.

AndrewVenner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Are you sure you have 1.1.3? You are the only person I have heard say that customize works for them under 1.1.3. I can't change carrier icon, sliders, nothing.

Yeah, Customize worked for me too, just about the ONLY thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.