Applications crashing as soon as opened

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rasusi, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Rasusi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

My IPad runs 3.2.1 JB with Jailbreakme. I use:
    - Activator
    - CyDelete
    - Enhanced Tabs
    - FullForce
    - Iconoclasm
    - Safari download manager
    - SBSettings
    - CategoriesSB
    - AppSync OS 3.2
    - Backgrounder
    - Fast Copy
    - GPower Pro
    - Location Fix for iPad

From the very beginning of JB, I noticed some applications crashing as soon as opened (for instance Physics HD), but they were very limited. Now, 2 months later, several others apps started to crash the same way when they actually used to work perfectly (for instance Dilbert, IMDb, Twitter, iBooks, Opera Mini, BBC News, B. of Youtube). It seems these applications are more or less related to internet access. All the Cydia applications mentioned above were already installed since a while. Booting in Safe Mode does not help.

I tried to search for crash reports in my iPad using iFile, but none contain any useful information or report anything related to these crashes.

Any idea how I can identify the root cause ?

Thanks
    R

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

You said they are more or less all require internet connection, yeah?

Try disabling Safari Download Manager.

Otherwise, try getting the device to boot into safe mode and see if apps will launch then.

But you got a lot of tweaks there. It's bound to be unstable when you add so many different Cydia packages.

3. Rasusi thread starter macrumors newbie

uninstalled Safari download manager, no improvement.
    Yes I have many tweaks, but I didn't have any issue for a while until very recently.

Also, if I re-install the application, it works.
    This means something broke the installation of these applications, but I'd like to find out what...

Any clues ?

Tanks
    R