Applications crashing in Mavericks 10.9

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by marklose, May 16, 2014.

1. marklose macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I've recently installed Mavericks OS X 10.9. .Since the installation and update every application is crashing on my macbook pro (late 2011), some of them daily. Sometimes the entire system crashes & then reboots. I've checked my hard disk in disk utilities. There seems to be no problem there.

I would love to get an idea of the consensus out there regarding the reliability of OS X Mavericks. I'm a musician who heavily depends on the stability of my tools, Macbook pro being the most important part of my work involving production and performing. On the performing side it's crucial that the Macbook is crash free. Due to this factor I'm wondering if rolling back to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8 would be a better & safer option for me.

Any input would be much appreciated.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The apps that you use, do they use the dGPU? If they do, it's a sign that your Mac is succumbing to Radeongate, the infamous 2011 15"/17" Radeon GPU failure.

3. marklose thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine is the 13" late 2011. I read that this is a problem with the early 2011 models.

Is there a way of checking if this is the case?