Applications Folder Empty After Installing CS5

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by A1SteakSauce, May 10, 2010.

1. A1SteakSauce macrumors member

A1SteakSauce

I recently installed Creative Suite 5. After installation, my "Applications" folder is completely empty. In finder on the sidebar, I can click on applications and voila, all of my applications are there but when I go to users and click on my name and the Applications folder (along with downloads, library, etc.) show up, the applications are not there.

How can I fix this?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The Applications folder on your Mac is located at Macintosh HD (name of the HDD your OS is installed on) / Applications.

The folder with the name Applications in Users / YOU / is not standard. Maybe you or someone else created it.

[​IMG]

Untitled is the name of my HDD, with a new Mac it is named Macintosh HD, thus the Applications folder is Macintosh HD / Applications, whereas in my above screen shot it is Untitled / Applications.

3. ventmore macrumors 6502

After installng the Photoshop CS5 trial, I now have an empty applications folder under users/MYUSERNAME/

I'm guessing CS5 has created it, but I have no idea why.

4. Z1NX macrumors member

I've got this too.
    However, I don't have CS5 installed. I do have CS4, so maybe it's Adobe creating this folder.

Do you think it's safe to delete this folder? I've never noticed it until today!

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Starting with 10.5, you have the ability to install Applications to your home folder.

Why the CS5 installer is creating it? Who knows. You may want to make sure there are no hidden files. If it is empty, you can delete it.

Although, be aware that other installers in the future may re-create it. It is an Apple recognized location for Applications, so leaving it will do no harm.