Applications folder not in Finder?!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hamoodi, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Hamoodi macrumors member

Hey guys! the Applications folder is in my dock but not in my /user (Home icon). Anybody know how to fix? Thankss!

2. AbeFroman77 macrumors 6502

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If you are the sole administrator of OSX on your computer the applications are stored in the Hard drive> Applications folder.

There won't be any applications in the Lion HD > Users > User>Home>applications folder.

4. AbeFroman77 macrumors 6502

5. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

No i was saying that the FOLDER named Applications is not in my finder window. Only in the dock

6. AbeFroman77 macrumors 6502

Can't you right click on the Applications icon on your dock and "Open Applications"? You should then be able to find out where it is.

7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Normally the Applications folder that is in your Dock is the one at the root level of your hard drive. To see it, open up your Hard Drive (not your Home folder) and you should see something like:

Applications
    Library
    System
    User Guides And Information
    Users

That Applications folder is the one where all Applications (for all users) lives and is the one that's in the Dock. Sometimes a user will have an Applications folder in their Home folder but it will only contain Applications that are specific to that user and generally is not the one that is in the Dock.