Applications Folder Stack Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by phillycreamboy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. phillycreamboy macrumors newbie

Has anyone made their Application folder a stack? When I have a newly installed program, the icon does not display correctly in the stack. It shows a crossed out application icon. In finder the icon displays correctly. How do I fix this?

2. jcgnu macrumors regular

Hey, I know you wrote this loooong time ago, but... I do the same thing with my Applications folder, and haven't found a way to fix that issue... Have you already??

Also, I can only leave the folder near my active applications in the dock, but I want it to be near the rest of my icons... That is, on the left side of the dock separator. Any ideas???

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

This is normal for applications downloaded from the internet. The icon stays that way, until you first open it.

4. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Just thought I'de chime in. Just opening the App still doesn't fix the problem. The problem is that for some reason the App icons only refresh when the dock is launched. So a quick fix is just to open Terminal, and type "killall Dock" without the quotes, and the icon will be fixed.

5. Kurtis Dekker macrumors newbie

alternatively, just get rid of the stack and then drag the app folder back into the dock to make a new stack.

6. groovetrain macrumors newbie

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to let you know that "killall Dock" worked for me, thank you so much! Didn't work at first, then I realized the process name is a capital 'D' Dock.

Restarting the computer also seems to work, obviously. This is a strange issue, that the icons seem to cache in the Dock process... huh

Groove