Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brettsliceme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
I use a SR Macbook Pro, recently upgraded to Leopard and now I am experiencing tons of problems, mainly applications freezing and restarting. Firstly, i switched over from my PC last summer and i was amazed how stable OS 10 is. Applications NEVER froze, and most importantly the system never hung up. This all changed after leopard. Here is a short list of actions that will freeze certain apps over and over.

1. Deleting playlists in iTunes freezes the program over and over again.
2. Creating events in iCalendar freezes the program every time
3. In iChat, if i want to quickly jump to my buddy who's name begins with "G" i press G on the keyboard and the program feezes up, everytime!
4. I already lost part of an essay in Pages because the program stopped responding, granted i probably should have saved it, but i thought it would have some recovery feature. I guess not.
5. DivX movies embedded in safari freeze the browser constantly.
6. Highlighting text of a .pdf file, in preview, causes the program to hang up.
7. A couple times the entire system has locked up, and after waiting for a while for it to recover, i had to hold the power button to restart the computer.

This is just a list of actions that, that i can recall, will freeze the applications.

Is anyone experiencing some of these issues with leopard, and how can a fix them?

olliebraves20

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2007
Lansing, MI
I would do a complete clean installation. A lot of people have had many problems with a variety of things that have been fixed with a clean installation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.