Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I jailbroke, downloaded a couple of apps from modmyi.com and then I clicked on it. it loaded in iTunes, when I synced my iPhone, it said "iTunes cannot find a certificate to locate this application" and it didn't sync up to iPhone. Why so? Do I have to do something? like SSH into it?

DN7335

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I jailbroke, downloaded a couple of apps from modmyi.com and then I clicked on it. it loaded in iTunes, when I synced my iPhone, it said "iTunes cannot find a certificate to locate this application" and it didn't sync up to iPhone. Why so? Do I have to do something? like SSH into it?

You have to install the patched MobileInstallation file via SSH for downloaded apps to work. There is a specific version for 2.1 so be sure to search for that version, there is also info in these forums about this.

lv99

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
ummm. whaatt??? lmao, I have to SSH the .IPA file into the iPhone?

just install openSSH, and find corresponding MobileInstallation for either 2.x or 2.1. if you use the wrong one. your fone will stuck at apple boot screen.

ftp the file to

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework

remember to rename old MobileInstallation.bak before ftp over the patched file in case you want to restore to original state.

after reboot iphone with new MobileInstallation file. you can drop all apps (ipa files) to itunes and sync iphone with checked apps. the itunes will install apps you selected. or it will uninstall the one you unselected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.