applications in window mode

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by simplenation, Sep 3, 2008.

1. simplenation macrumors member

Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to run mac applications like photoshop in windowed mode? I would like the menu and the applications to appear similar to a windows app. Why do i want to do this? I'm trying to watch training videos and work in photoshop at the same time. I'm able to adjust the applications to be side by side but when I enter photoshop the menu cover browser playing the training video. Any advice is appreciated.

2. avingochea macrumors member

The only way to get photoshop to do that is to actually run it on windows through vmware fusion or the like. You can't just move the menus over?

EDIT: An extra screen is most likely your best bet however.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Menus always appear in the Menu Bar. You cannot change that unless it is an X11 applications. All Application on a Mac are already in the proper windowed mode.

TEG

4. simplenation thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks so much for the quick response. I was trying to purchase a single 24'' display for my laptop and avoid having two purchase 2. Windows become a real pain when your trying to follow along with a training video.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just use the built in screen to use and the other for the video, or visa-versa.

You just want to set it up into extended desktop mode.

TEG