Applications not transferring to computer!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djRuffian, Feb 14, 2009.

1. djRuffian macrumors newbie

Ive had nothing but problems when it comes to connecting the iPhone to the computer (PC) and using iTunes etc.

First problem ive had was when i connected the phone it kept connecting and disconnecting and i kept getting an error message from iTunes telling me it was unable to connect to the iphone because of an error.

I have finally found a USB port in my computer that avoids this problem, although all ports are USB2.0, it still gives me a message saying that i have not connected it in to a USB2.00 port.

Anyway, i am trying to transfer some applications i have from my iPhone to the PC, this has worked in the past. When i connect the iPhone, iTunes tells me that there are some applications i have purchased and if i want to transfer them to the PC (Kroll and Labyrnth), i choose "Transfer" and it sits on copying, doesnt do anything, progress bar doesnt move or anything.

I have transfered applications in the past, seemed to have worked, but this time, no luck, the new applications i have dont even seem to show up in the Applications box (in the Applications tab)

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Whatever you do, don't try a restore until you get everything on your computer's hard drive. Have you tried another USB cord from an old iPod? You may be dealing with a defective cord.

David