Applications quitting unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by craighay1, May 14, 2010.

1. craighay1 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2009 13in Macbook Pro, running the latest version of Snow Leopard.

I'm having trouble with a number of applications quitting unexpectedly at random times shortly after launching them. Notably Safari, iTunes, Apple Mail and Spotify.
    I've tried reinstalling each application (apart from Mail), repairing disk permissions and also tried them on a new administrator user account, but none of this has worked.

I think it may have something to do with these applications trying to access the internet.

I'm now using Chrome for web browsing and VLC for playing music while I try and fix this. (Chrome seems to work perfectly fine)

I'm going to guess the next step someone will suggest I attempt is a full reinstall of the OS, but I can't even do this as my install disk is at my parents house (I'm living at university).

I could take it into the Apple Store, but on past experience the "geniuses" in there are less useful than just me and an internet connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post the error logs generated if required.

Thanks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Snow Leopard is just 29$ so either buy that or visit Geniuses, just ask them to reinstall OS X

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Ask your Mom to send you the OS discs, and some brownies.

I can't imagine why you left them at home.