Applications Quitting...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by valvee, Apr 20, 2008.

1. valvee macrumors newbie

It seems in the last few weeks (perhaps since the latest Itunes updates) that I am having some problems. Itunes won't even open, Mail quits unexpectedly, when the Mail doesn't quit - it will quit if an email contains a video, and Firefox will quit when attempting to go to some websites. I have an Emac, OS 10.3.9. I am not real computer literate... so any help in plain English would be great.
    Oh, one other thing... I did run Disk Utility repair permissions and here's the info: Repairing permissions for “eMac HD”
    Determining correct file permissions.
    We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays. New permissions are 16893
    We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./Library/ColorSync/Profiles. New permissions are 16893
    We are using special permissions for the file or directory ./System/Library/Filesystems/cd9660.fs/cd9660.util. New permissions are 33261
    We are using a special uid for the file or directory ./private/var/at/jobs. New uid is 1
    We are using a special uid for the file or directory ./private/var/at/spool. New uid is 1
    The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Permissions repair complete

Not sure what any of that means but thought that may help. Thanks.

2. macsrules macrumors regular

I saw this an was not sure what an Emac is. I went online and this is what wiki said.

Here is my solution that I would do. I know people will tell you, do this, do that, but I say, if you want a permanent fix then go to the source. If the Specs on this Emac http://www.apple.com/support/ support the operating system then do a re-install of the operating system. This will restore it to factory and will fix all and any problems. If you want instructions on how to do this let me know.