Applications randomly crashing after Leopard Install??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by frozen220, Nov 5, 2007.

1. frozen220 macrumors member

I have a Dual 2.3Ghz G5 with 1GB RAM. I do not have TM turned on yet.

Ever since I installed Leopard, random applications just crash and close out at random moments. It doesn't seem to have a pattern, sometimes it occurs when there is hard drive activity, other times when there seems to be none. It occurs with all types of applications, from Photoshop to Address Book to Firefox. The application crashes and I get the dialog box telling me the application quit unexpectedly and gives me the option to Ignore, Report, or Relaunch.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Thanks!!

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

How did you install?
    How much free space do you have?
    Is your HD healthy?

Perhaps something went funky with the installation process, maybe try an archive and install.

3. frozen220 thread starter macrumors member

I upgraded over Tiger.

I have a 250GB HD with 60GB free.

How do I find out if my HD is "healthy"? It seemed to work fine in Tiger.

4. boogieman macrumors regular

Go to disk utililty click on your hard drive and in the bottom right it will say verify disk.

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I haven't had "crashing" so to speak, but when I am in spaces if I open iPhoto in Space 2, 3,4 etc. - it gets hung and does not respond making me force quit. If I open it is Space 1 it is fine...I think it is something that may be a bug and I reported it. Most things seem to be fine except disk utility which seems to take a day to run now vs. tiger, but I am sure it will be further stabilized with patches.

It seems Ok for mostly everything I use and wouldn't hesitate recommending it.