Applications Unexpectedly Quitting...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Roughknight, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Roughknight macrumors newbie

Ok, well I know this has probably been posted many times before, but mine seems to be a rare case simply because it happens again and again, and everytime I seem to fix the problem, another one arises to give me more stress then I need...

Now, the problem? I recently went to go run TextEdit to write up a document and save it as an HTML file, so I could host it to my website... Now, as usually, went to save (Note, I've done this many times, and I've never had something like this happen) and it asked whether or not I wanted to keep it as a .rtf or save it alone as a .html, which normally I would click .html but the little option box had frozen, and I couldn't select an option. It then quit the program and alerted me that the application had unexpectedly quit. This has happened before, but not with that program, and usually I delete the preferences and even if they don't work, it usually corrects itself over time.

Either way, it's happened to System Preferences and Safari numerous times, and Firefox as well, and iTunes whenever I try to sync up my ipod....

I just installed a Wacom Tablet program because I just got a new one, and I had just gotten some used speakers from my friend, yet I don't think the speakers could be the problem. I expected it might be the tablet, so I deleted the preferences and uninstalled it totally but still, applications still unexpectedly quit. It's annoying now because I have work to do and I have a ton of trouble saving or in the event an alert comes up, the program will usually quit.

I have a 733 MHz PowerPC G4 Version 10.3.9 Mac OS X and like I said, it's happened before, but now I need it to stop and nothing else has helped.

One last bit of information, I did accidentally unplug the computer while it was on while plugging in the USB for the tablet into the tower, so I don't know if that's a factor or anything, but hey, thought I'd mention it.

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Probably one reason you haven't received any replies is because this is in the wrong forum..... This has nothing to do with the iPhone, and yet you've posted it in an iPhone forum.

3. Roughknight thread starter macrumors newbie

What?

What? I posted this under Mac Forums > Apple Software > Mac Applications, not iPhone forums. These are the Mac Forums, so where else would I put this?